Market: Maritime Dredging
The client's initial business is in marine civil engineering. The business has expanded to land civil engineering and construction works. Previously, our client has been involved in major projects overseas such as the Suez Canal and a Deepening project in Egypt.
For our client we are looking for a Technical Manager that has an engineering background. Preferably also has dredging or marine experience. The Technical Manager should have great managerial qualities as well as be able to educate his/her team. Moreover, the Technical Manager should be able to harmonize between other teams and be both cost and time efficient.
This position is stationed in Singapore, thus the preference would be someone living near Singapore or someone who is willing to relocate.
The position regards a search and selection procedure. Hence, you will be employed by our client.
• Create and manage a reasonable budget of the technical department
• Create and manage a general maintenance schedule based on annual operation planning
• Collaborate with operations department in each project and make adjustments as necessary
• Plan and manage dry-docking and repairs (job orders, schedules, budget, repair progress and trials)
• Manage the administration of all personnel in the technical department