Period: Project based
Want to be part of large, world wide projects while being in direct contact with clients? A position as proposal engineer might be just the thing you are looking for!
As a Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for the assessing pipeline protection philosophy, prepare trenching, rock installation and protection specifications based on offshore projects. You will be involved in typical intervention work such as seabed preparation before installation, trenching of pipelines, landfalls, protection against trawling impact, scouring prevention, dredging works.
You will be working for the tender department of the Installation & Intervention unit of our client in Papendrecht. This department is responsible for managing method statements, planning and budget and preparing the final documentation according to the client’s wishes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the received information on content and completeness. Indicate if the information is missing and propose how to proceed to get the best results;
- Providing tenders supports of seabed intervention aspects, such as soil data interpretation, trenching, crossings, rock installation, pipe pulls and installation of cover dams;
- Ensuring that deliverables from sub-contractors are delivered in compliance with all the requirements;
- Producing a compliant technical proposal in accordance with all agreements (safety, quality, planning, and budget);
- Actively working with other disciplines to ensure that the tender team delivers the tender in accordance with the time planning set and with the required quality;
- Making site visits and offshore trips as required;
- Sharing your knowledge actively within the organization and capture lessons learned.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably civil engineering, dredging or offshore;
- You have at least around three years’ relevant work experience in the Oil & Gas / Maritime industry with regard to trenching, subsea rock installation, dredging and subsea installation;
- In addition to Dutch a perfect command of written and spoken English;
- You are willing to travel occasionally.