Naval Maintenance Engineer - medior
Location: The Netherlands
Are you looking for a new adventure in a dynamic organization, where you will be an integral part of the maintenance team?
For our client, located near Rotterdam, we are seeking a Naval Maintenance Engineer that will contribute to ensure the full technical efficiency and availability of the offshore units in accordance with class, international rules, regulations and standards applicable to offshore operations; to coordinate maintenance teams guaranteeing, in compliance with safety, quality, time schedule and cost.
Are you ready for a new start?
Please note this is an Office Position.
- Maintain a daily contact with the unit / vessel management team under responsibility and liaise on maintenance matters and identify any criticalities;
• Carry out regular visits to the unit and verify that maintenance policies are sufficiently / correctly implemented and followed;
• Prepare reports for investments / disinvestments and proposals for alienation in line with company directions;
• Collect and keep up to date vessel documentation system and archives for assigned equipment / unit;
• Monitor the correct follow-up of management of change procedures and updating of technical documents / archives;
• Coordinate repairs in case of serious breakdowns;
• Prepare necessary tools / deliverables such as procurement plans, time schedules, activity plans as part of the preparation and execution of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance activities during unit idle or stand-by time;
• Coordination / supervision of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance activities during idle and stand-by of a unit which requires the physical presence on-site during execution phase;
• Monitor vendor performance by regular audits / visits to vendor premises to ensure that activities are carried out according to contract scope of work and following agreed time schedule;
• Provide technical support to the vessel management team with the implementation of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance and corrective actions to resolve technical issues within the assigned budgets;
• Monitor and liaise with the procurement department on these activities and clarify with vendors technical queries on material under procurement;
• Monitor the logistic and expediting activities to ensure the timely availability of materials / spare parts on site;
• Give technical support to the vessel management for optimization of spare parts and monitor the accounted warehouse values respecting corporate goals / targets;
• Ensure the availability of technical data / information necessary to prepare the technical proposal in support of the commercial Business Unit;
• The required bureaucratic proceedings to obtain and renew the certifications of the naval units and specific equipment;
• Provide data to cost control department necessary for the preparation and monitoring of allocated budgets for maintenance and investments;
• Collaborate and provide support to other technical units in definition on new-design / new initiatives and ensure compliance to relevant rules, regulations and standards;
• Prepare estimations and specifications for the purchase of materials and carry-out works in compliance with practices and in collaboration with safety officers, marine authorities and bodies responsible for the issue of authorizations and special permits;
• Carry-out on-board visits and audits for inspection and co-ordination with persons in charge of routine and special maintenance activities also supporting in the audits requested according with ISM and ISPS certifications;
• Liaise with Certification Societies and International Regulatory Bodies;
• Educated to Degree standard;
• Advanced user of usual Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.);
• Fluent English: spoken and in writing;
• Able to work in teamwork;
• Able to take initiative