Technical Superintendent Vessel Maintenance
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Onbepaalde tijd
- Reference: 010012
The Technical Superintendent has overall technical responsibility. Depending on your experience this can range from one vessel, to a complete fleet of vessels. With your knowledge you will be responsible for keeping the designated vessel(s) and its equipment technically operational.
The Technical Superintendent coordinates and plans the (middle) long term maintenance and advises the on board crew when required. The coordination and execution of the day-to-day maintenance and repair activities is performed by a designated crew, lead by experienced engineers. Depending on the scope, the teams may vary in experience and background.
As a superintendent you will be busy with the following:
- Responsible for the overall condition of the assigned vessels;
- Providing technical support and consultancy to the vessels;
- Preparation (including detailed specification and focus on planning), organization and execution of ship’s dry-docking;
- Performing condition and safety inspections, coordinating surveys, repairs and claims with Class/Flag State;
- Responsible for the Class Certification of the vessel(s);
- Preparing and managing the budgets for assigned vessels;
- Responsible for the supervision of correct and cost-effective purchasing of spare parts, stores and services.
Functie eisenWe are looking for experienced superintendents, but also for candidates who see the responsibility of this role as an interesting next step. Nevertheless, when we are screening resumes we do have a few points and characteristics which we pay attention to. These are:
- B.Sc degree in Technical Engineering with relevant work experience;
- Experience in planned maintenance and repairs;
- fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing);
- have a good knowledge of MS Office applications and modern Planned Maintenance Systems;
- willing to travel and spend time abroad;
- willingness to work irregular hours.
- Good (project) organizing skills;
- safety and cost awareness;
- able to work independently;
- good communication skills