SR. PROCESS ENGINEER
- Location: North America
- Period: Projectbasis
- Reference: 010190
• Provide process engineering support of proposals and FEEDs. The proposals and FEEDs are typically for upstream oil & gas facilities located on FPSOs or TLPs.
• Perform various conceptual studies that render the most optimized design catered to project-specific objectives – typically involving lowest life cycle cost.
• Creates drawings, specifications, etc. of existing or new technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
• Oversees the use of PDMS, CAD/CAM and database systems and facilities to develop layouts, analyze designs, evaluate equipment systems and generate new equipment designs.
• Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
• Independently develops solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
• Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks .
• Tests and evaluates prototypes and models to determine design limits and needed improvements. Prepares test reports and closure reports on assignments.
• Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
• Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
• Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports.
• Participates in product standardization projects. Qualifications