Maintenance Engineer for the Offshore world
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Onbepaalde tijd
- Reference: 008345
For our client, located in near Rotterdam, we are looking for an experienced Maintenance Engineer. The mission of the department you’ll be working for is to manage the maintenance, repair and modifications of vessels, yards and equipment, to provide technical expertise and first class support on and offshore, and to stay ahead of the development of new techniques, changing rules, regulations and client wishes.
Maintenance Engineers ensure that equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards to maximise productivity and quality in a safe environment. You will take responsibility for the definition, implementation and continuous improvement of a company-wide maintenance strategy for the vessels, production equipment and yard locations.
It is a full time position and you need willing to travel.
- Define the critical equipment and strategic spares for the vessels
- Set up preventive maintenance schedules of critical equipment of the vessels
- Ascertain whether the maintenance of equipment complies with all legal requirements and safety standards issued by IMO, flag states, classification agencies or other relevant bodies
- Identify new maintenance concepts and investigate their potential use
- Participate in risk workshops (design review, FME(C)A)
- Participate in lessons learnt and continuous improvement initiatives (RCA)
- Advise on inventory management and ensure adequate levels of the correct materials/parts kept in stock
When you’re interested or you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
- BSc/MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in an offshore or marine environment
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of classification societies and flag states
- Good computer skills, preferably with ERP software
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel
- Join a dynamic, world-leading technical company, with short communication lines
- A positive, collaborative and creative work environment with team spirit at its core
- Working in Flexible working hours and 30 vacation days (FTE)
- Good salary, travel allowance, pension arrangements and the possibility to join the collective health insurance
- An easy to reach office close to the historic city centre of Delft
- Personal growth and development opportunities, including study budgets, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance, with subsidised sports memberships, on-site recreational facilities and various social events and festivities