Commercial Project Lead wanted in Germany
- Location: West-Europa
- Period: Projectbasis
- Reference: 010275
iPS Powerful People has joined forces with an experienced submarine cable and subsea umbilical installation, repair and maintenance contractor who serve the worldwide offshore renewable energy and oil & gas industries to find a highly motivated Commercial Project Lead to join their small but growing organisation in Germany on a temporary contract for approx 12-18 months.
The Commercial Project Lead (CPL) is part of the Financial department and is responsible for controlling and supporting commercial contracts with customers and subcontractors for cable lay and offshore installation works, including EPIC projects.
Main tasks and responsibilties:
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of variation order requests and changes to the contract and subcontracts;
- Prepare and provide day to day finance and administrative support to the project teams, incl. preparation of the monthly progress reports for the Project Manager;
- Identify and timely communicate changes and deviations from the original contract with the Project Manager and recommend and prepare course of action;
- Evaluate bid submissions from subcontractors and prepare evaluations for review by Project Manager;
- Co-ordinate and assist all (commercial) project activities (including those related to subcontracts) in order to achieve the best performance of the entire organization;
- Take care of schedule modifications in co-ordination with the planner;
- Prepare and arrange for all administrative tasks on project base, as required;
- A graduate degree with a commercial/business administration/technical background;
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in marine and/or offshore industry;
- Very good command of the English and German language, both written and spoken;
- Team player who can work independently;
- Willingness to travel (occasionally).
What can you expect?
- A project based contract for 12-18 months;
- A competitive day rate;
- Option to discuss temporary weekly accommodation if daily commute is not possible.