WANTED! Geotechnical Engineer job for site investigation project located in the USA and EUROPE
- Location: Worldwide
- Period: Rotation schedule
- Reference: 012261
You will be part of the Geotechnical Site Assessment team where you’ll be working in close collaboration with our client and their geotechnical team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer, where you will be able to improve skills in soil mechanics, Cone Penetration Testing and also in the Site characterisations surveys. Also, you will be able to find regular Geotechnical Engineer jobs and a steady income if you are working for us.
Join us and we will be able to find you many Geotechnical Engineer job (s) in the energy, oil & gas markets. We are looking for several candidates who would use their knowledge and skills, especially in the Cone Penetration Testing field.
What can you expect working as a Geotechnical Engineer for the leader in green energy jobs, Nautech | iPS Powerful People.
- You can expect a competitive salary
- You will be working on projects in a busy energy sector and with reputable companies
- We are offering regular projects
- The opportunity to work and learn in an international team.
RequirementsDo you recognise yourself as a Geotechnical Engineer in the following points?
- You have previous offshore experience within a prior understanding of typical offshore HSE environments and processes (first time or second time offshore would not be considered)
- You have recognised qualification in Civil and Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology
- You have 3 or 4 years’ experience in an offshore role [case by case basis]
- Proficient in geological description to ASTM / BS EN / ISO standards (priority is ASTM)
- Proficient with offshore geological soil testing equipment (i.e. miniature vane, Torvane, pocket penetrometer, UU Triaxal), associated testing and sample handling
- Experience with the principles of foundation design (i.e. Spudcan Penetration Analysis / Pile Drivability etc..)
- Proficient understanding of the principles and interpretation of PCPT data (ideally with experience in both downhole and seabed operations)
- Ideally, experience with gINT software
- Microsoft office proficient
- You are in possession of the Offshore Safety Training (i.e. BOSIET / FOET or STCW)
- You are in possession of the Offshore Medical (i.e. OGUK or STCW compliant)
- You are in possession of the Seamans Discharge book
- You are in possession of the Visas (i.e. USA B1/B2 or C1D, B1)
- You are in possession of the typical vaccinations
- You are available or will be available soon.
- You are Fluent in English