- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 010168
Becoming a Tender Engineer can be an interesting next step in your career! We are currently seeking for Tender Engineers for several clients to work in the frontline of a project within the Energy sector.
Your analytical skills show thorough understanding of the wishes of your client and your technical knowledge helps you realise these wishes. Depending on your actual experience you will become responsible for different tasks throughout the tender process for offshore construction or installation projects.
Your main responsibilities
- Managing operational aspects of a technical and commercial tender;
- Executing technical and contractual analysis and evaluation of client requirements;
- Conducting studies of Terms and Conditions of the various agreements;
- Organize the tender composition taking into account all administrative, contractual and technical instructions;
- Coordinating internal and external communications with various parties, throughout the preparation and issue of Tender Approval Forms, and final quotations;
- Conducting risk assessment and cost-calculation for the different itemized work;
- Remain up-to-date on market pricing in order to advise on and prepare competitive offers.
RequirementsIn order for you to be successful in this role; a technical background (Secondary/Bachelor’s degree) is required in combination with 2 to 5+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role in the Offshore or Petro Chemical Industry. The person we seek is striving to be a subject-matter expert in the field of tendering, pricing and project management. Time is of the essence in any tendering process and therefore you are well organised, stress resistant with a flexible attitude and can easily adapt and swiftly process new information.
- You have a solid knowledge of rate analysis is required to derive upon rates while quoting any Tender/Bid;
- You have experience within commercial business practices and contract conditions is a plus;
- You are familiar with tendering complex projects : knowledge of 'Design and Build', 'ECI' (Early Contractors Involvement) is a plus;
- You have a well-organized approach to your work, are able to communicate in an open and efficient way, and you excel as part of a team;
- Foreign tenders might require you to travel for (short) stays/missions abroad;
- You should be able to conduct Site-visits and initial contact with Client.
- Added exposure within the Energy sector;
- Opportunity to work with high profile clients with challenging projects;
- Further stimulate and growth opportunity within your career.