Technical Superintendent opportunity in the Netherlands!
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 014612
We are looking for a Dutch-speaking Technical Superintendent to join our client (transportation of pressurized LPG) in North Brabant, the Netherlands! This is a full time (40h) opportunity. You will be working 50% in the office (North Brabant) and 50% on the vessels/project site/suppliers.
- A Technical Superintendent is responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.;
- Technical Superintendent ensures the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement;
- Technical Superintendent is liaising with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc;
- Attends vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determines repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance;
- Provides and compiles documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures;
- Technical Superintendent works closely with the Operations Superintendents and provides technical advice to the HSE, Operations and Procurement Departments;
- Ensures that maintenance, repairs and modifications are carried out technically correctly within the set budget and according to the planning;
- Coordinates setting up, supervision and control of new construction activities, surveys and conversion projects;
- Provides technical assistance and advice to the vessels. Guides employees and subcontractors with regards to repairs and maintenance;
- Technical Superintendent is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the applicable safety standards.
- HBO- level in mechanical engineering / marine engineering;
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrable work experience in a comparable position of a Technical Superintendent in the maritime sector;
- Possession of a driving license (category- B);
- It is an advantage if you have some knowledge of legislation in the field of the transport of dangerous goods;
- You don't mind being available outside working hours and working on weekend shifts;
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch and English (German is an advantage).