TBM Operator for tunnel construction projects based in the UK
- Location: United Kingdom
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 013535
The Tunnelling division of iPS have been operating in the market serving our clients worldwide since the late 1990’s. As a result the projects of our department can vary a lot. We work with mechanised tunnelling, utilising Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM) for road, rail and water tunnels. In the upcoming months, the project demand is increasing and therefore we are looking for new skilled fitters. If you want to work within the tunnel industry as a TBM Operator, you are in the best place!
- Maintain line and grade of the tunnel, possessing extensive knowledge of TBM tunneling guidance system and VMT prediction program;
- Responsible for TBM operations in accordance with the manufactures guidelines. This covers all machine parameters to be used along the tunnel including maintenance of face pressure, Gripper pressure and BEAM – Geological forecast system – Limestone Carst forecast;
- Monitoring the excavated material throughout the mining cycle to minimize the risk of over breaks;
- Responsible for the use of shotcrete conditioning agents during the mining operations in approved mixes to handle the geotechnical and groundwater conditions expected along the tunnel alignment;
- Supervision of Mucking operations and spoil handlings within the TBM, as well as works related to extension of supply pipes and rails;
- Assist mechanical team with assembly and disassembly of the TBM’s before the initial drive as well as cutting head and cutting tool inspection;
- Identify and communicate any and all safety hazards.
- UK / Irish nationality or UK work permit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- TBM mechanics and hydraulics knowledge;
- Ability to read prints/plans and grade stakes
- Valid CSCS and medical certificate;
- Safety Critical Medical (preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as TBM Operator on civil construction projects;
- Experience in working with HK TBM’s is positive.
What we offer
- Long term opportunities;
- Full time job, minimum 10 hours per shift;
- You will earn a competitive salary;
- Before, during and after the project we will support you with any issue.