TBM Fitter for tunnel construction projects based in the UK
- Location: United Kingdom
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012132
The Tunnelling division of iPS have been operating in the market serving our clients worldwide since the late 1990’s. As a result the projects of our department can vary a lot. We work with mechanised tunnelling, utilising Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM) for road, rail and water tunnels. In the upcoming months, the project demand is increasing and therefore we are looking for new skilled fitters. If you want to work within the tunnel industry as a Fitter, you are in the best place!
- Follow prescribed planned maintenance schedule, along with as fault finding and repair,
- Able to maintain, inspect and repair all equipment in-line with recognised procedures and processes.
- Complete relevant repairs and checks, with all necessary administration and record keeping.
- Ensure all equipment is running correctly and efficiently on the TBM to reduce downtime.
- Work within a production orientated environment.
- UK / Irish nationality or UK work permit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- NVQ level 3 in Plant Maintenance and Repair or equivalent Apprenticeship. Work experience alone can also be sufficient if we have reliable references available from previous employers;
- Valid CSCS Blue card;
- IPAF is preferred;
- Safety Critical Medical (preferred);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on civil construction projects;
- Experience in working with HK TBM’s is positive, hands-on knowledge of dealing with running maintenance of the TBM’s while mining.
What we offer
- Long term opportunities;
- Full time job, minimum 10 hours per shift;
- You will earn a competitive salary;
- Before, during and after the project we will support you with any issue.
If you’re interested please apply below. If a match occurs we will contact you directly. In case you have any questions feel free to reach us at 0800-756-2422!