TBM Electrician for tunnel construction projects based in the UK
- Location: United Kingdom
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012500
The Tunnelling division of iPS have been operating in the market serving our clients worldwide since the late 1990’s. As a result the projects of our department can vary a lot. We work with mechanised tunnelling, utilising Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM) for road, rail and water tunnels. In the upcoming months, the project demand is increasing and therefore we are looking for new skilled electricians. If you want to work within the tunnel industry as a TBM Electrician, you are in the best place!
- Install and maintain electrical equipment on the TBM as required to meet project demands and requirements;
- Assemble, test and maintain tunnel electrical equipment using hand and power tools;
- Support TBM production; following cables, lights, optic fibre, and all installation inside TBM;
- Perform and record planned maintenance;
- Assist with the troubleshooting and resolution of electrical issues to minimise production downtime;
- Check and verify incoming plant are safe and fit for purpose;
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with Engineers, Mechanics and the wider construction team members.
- UK / Irish nationality or UK work permit;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- 18th Edition, City & Guilds 2330 Certificate in electrotechnology or 2356 electrotechnology NVQ;
- JIB Gold Card, registered with Joint Industry Board’s Electrotechnical Card Scheme (ECS);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on civil construction projects;
- CSCS Card and NVQ level 3 or equivalent Apprenticeship;
- Safety Critical Medical (preferred);
- Experience in working with HK TBM’s is positive, hands-on knowledge of dealing with running maintenance of the TBM’s while mining.
What we offer
- Long term opportunities;
- Full time job, minimum 10 hours per shift;
- You will earn a competitive salary;
- Before, during and after the project we will support you with any issue.
If you’re interested please apply below. If a match occurs we will contact you directly. In case you have any questions feel free to reach us at 0800-756-2422.