Superintendent wanted in Breda!
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 009143
Our client located in Breda, is engaged in the worldwide transportation of oil/chemical products and bitumen, through the operation of a modern tanker fleet. They are providing customers with excellent technical performance of their vessels, as well as a close relationship from a commercial and operational perspective.
What will you do?
To support these vessels, the Superintendent is responsible for:
- Ensuring that allocated vessels are operating safely and effectively;
- Supporting the ship management team in achieving performance targets;
- Monitoring and reporting on technical matters, ship condition and operational cost performance;
- Analysing nature and causes of technical breakdowns;
- Communicating with the Operations Department on day-to-day matters related to voyage operations;
- Preparing and executing planned and unplanned repairs, inspections and dry dockings;
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance to internal, external and customer requirements;
- Evaluating the performance of TOP2 officers.
- You work in a team consisting of Superintendents, Crewing Officers, QHSE Officers and Purchasers. In this position, you report to the Manager Ship Management.
Our client believes that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees. This is why, if you join our Company, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Competitive terms and conditions;
- A wide range of development opportunities, including a (free) internal training programme and an annual personal budget that can be used for your own personal and professional development goals;
- A company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or meetings;
- A salary in line with the market.
RequirementsOur preferred candidate has:
- A Higher Technical Education diploma and relevant experience as First or Second Engineer on vessels and/or in ship repair/ship management;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a structured manner;
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills;
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Willingness to travel and ability to work well under pressure;
- Experience of the tanker industry would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential.