Senior Contract Specialist wanted in The Hague area
Market:Oil & Gas
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 010529
Our client is a well-established organization within the Oil & Gas industry. With a large Procurement Division they are now looking to expand specifically on the Contracting Unit by adding a team of four. This is where you will be presented the opportunity to grow not only within the world of procurement, but also as a leader within a team. You will focus on supporting the end user by managing contracts procured by the client. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for liaison between the end user and Contracting Unit once a contract has been awarded.
What your working day will look like:
- Your role as Senior Contract Specialist will be to ensuring that all parties to the contract adhere to agreed terms;
With your guidance the team will keep track of key deliverables and milestones, duration and financial commitments;
You will lend your expertise in preparation of the company procurement plan, and ensure timely initiation of contract procurement;
You will support your team in monitoring the records on vendor performance;
You will enable collaboration between the Contracting Unit, Legal Department and the end user;
You will be able to implement lessons learnt, and address internal audit observations in order to create a more ‘waterproof’ process.
You are our candidate:
- As Senior contract Specialist you have solid knowledge and experience of the entire contract life cycle (initiation, procurement, award, management & administration, and close out);
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in either; Commerce, Economics, Business Administration Procurement, Supply Chain, or other relevant field;
- You have the know-how to manage financial and budgetary requests, while understanding legislative and compliance requirements;
- You possess no less than 6 years of relevant experience in a Contracting or a Procurement role, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Your English language skills are near native in writing, reading and speaking;
- You have an affinity with tools such as Microsoft office suite and SAP.
Your modus operandi:
- You possess the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at any given time;
- You have a natural sense of accountability toward your customer;
- You are business savvy, while remaining culturally sensitive;
- You get energy from taking the lead in a team;
- You have the capacity to look at issues objectively;
- You have a keen eye for detail.
What you can expect:
- A solid salary between €55,000 - €75,000, depending on the experience you bring to the table;
- Vacation allowance and a 13th month salary;
- A bonus plan based on company and your individual performance rating;
- A pension plan based on a Defined Contribution with an Employee contribution of 4%;
- 24 holiday days, plus 26 additional Fridays off (the company is closed every other Friday);
- A €46.00 employer contribution when participating in the collective health insurance scheme;
- 1st class NS card/HTM public transport subscription or 0.19ct/km when commuting by car;
- Subsidised gym membership (optional);
- Company doctor;
- Subsidised lunch.