Safety Officer -Pool Vacancy
- Location: Western Europe
- Period: Rotation schedule
- Reference: 013565
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Pool Vacancy! On a regular basis we are looking for Safety Officers for our clients.
Your responsibilities as a Safety Officer will be:
- Carrying out daily work site inspections, participate in Job Safety Analysis held by line managers;
- Monitoring of all work activities with regards to Safety, Health and Environment regulatory compliance and incident prevention activities;
- Ensuring that on board newcomer safety briefing has been completed, understood and registered;
- Verifying safety at work site with regards to permits to work and advise those concerned accordingly;
- Assisting in selection and use of PPE (personnel protective equipment), performing periodic checks with regards to maintenance and condition of PPE;
- Informing the Vessel/Barge Master, Superintendent and Chief Engineer immediately of any hazards which may affect the health and safety of any individuals and call for Stop Work Authority.
RequirementsThe requirements for the ideal candidate for the position of Offshore Safety Officer are:
- Offshore documents;
- 3-5 years’ experience as Safety Officer on offshore vessels;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Computer skills with Word and Excel;
- Relevant papers to work in Europe.