Quantity Surveyor for a Hydropower Plant construction project in the Philippines.
- Location: Asia
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012684
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Hydropower Plant construction project in the Philippines. As Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of hydropower construction project. You will help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaising with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Preparing reports, analyzing, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advising managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keeping track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Monitoring and keeping track of project progress and being responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Managing and producing accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitoring all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 years of experience as Quantity Surveyor for at least one (1) or two (2) hydropower projects