QA/QC Manager for a Hydropower plant construction project in the Philippines.
- Location: Asia
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012683
Our client is looking for a QA/QC Manager to join a Hydropower plant construction project in the Philippines. As QA/QC Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the quality management system (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner. The QA/QC Manager is responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to QA/QC Supervisors and working closely with related departments.
- Managing and overseeing project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
- Planning duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules;
- Establishing service standards for end users (i.e., internal department or external customer);
- Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs;
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
- Taking full responsibility for hold-point releases once all QMS functions have been completed and the equipment is ready to go into the next work stage.
- Developing and implementing risk-based inspection (RBI) activities and processes
- Managing plant integrity through a failure analysis reporting system and following up on recommendations.
- Overseeing supervision of all visual inspections, including 3rd party subcontractors.
- Managing inspection and testing plans for new construction.
- Identifying and developing solutions to correct inspection function deficiencies.
- Managing construction processes, plant equipment, inspection and NDE personnel certification and QMS internal audits.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 15 years of experience as QA/QC Manager for at least three (3) hydropower projects