Project Manager Design wanted who will lead the engineers team in the Amsterdam region.
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 010507
You act as an intermediary between design, engineering and the yards in the pre-contract phase. In the team you work closely with the designers of the Shipbuilder.
In the final design phase you lead the Project team, you deliver the basic design, class approved and thereby guarantee the integrity of the design.
You work in this phase with the engineering team of the yard.
You as a Project Manager are responsible in both phases for managing the agreed scope and result of the project.
- Collaboration within and outside the team is a key success factor;
- You are creative, stimulate and motivate through your hands on project approach;
- You facilitate technical decision making and you ensure the right timing;
- In addition, you know how to keep the right balance between the tension between the wishes between sales and engineering, but also between design and detail engineering.
You are also responsible for determining the budget, scope or work, planning, required capacity for the progress check and the content of the project.
- A completed technical training at a minimum HBO level, (Maritime direction is preferred);
- You have experience / knowledge of yacht / shipbuilding;
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the field of project management;
- Experience with design and engineering processes;
- Strong organizational qualities and stress resistance;
- Excellent social skills and analytical skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language in speech and writing.
Offer and procedure
- An organization that is in full development, where your qualities and talents are valued and where you get all the room you need for further development, such as gaining knowledge in your field and working in assembled engineering teams with the yard (this means you can sometimes be employed at another location);
- A challenging and responsible position in an organization where technology is at the top of current opportunities;
- Good terms of employment, such as a salary in line with the market and 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days;
- Informal work atmosphere with high ambitions;
- Fun activities organized by our staff association.