Process Safety Manager wanted in the Den Helder Area!
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 009460
The Process Safety Manager is accountable for the ‘end to end’ process safety. He will develop and lead our clients Process Safety Improvement Plan. In coordination with Our clients Safety Culture Program, this initiative will be instrumental to drive change and deliver our client health, safety and environment objectives. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will be based both in Zoetermeer and Den Helder (The Netherlands). This is an assignment for 12 months.
Main duties & responsibilities
Drive strategies, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the client’s Integrity Management Standards (GOIMS) and Netherlands process safety regulations (Offshore Safety Directive).
Develop and implement a Process Safety Improvement Plan including:
- a process safety awareness campaign;
- assessment and improvement of process safety competency/resource levels;
- assessment and improvement of Maintenance & Integrity processes (incl. KPIs), Management of
- Change processes (incl. Risk/Hazard assessment, etc);
- developing a continuous improvement plan;
- drive multidisciplinary task force with immediate focus on leakages and uncontrolled hydrocarbon releases;
- overall project/plan coordination and reporting.
- Assure coordination with operational, project & engineering, HSE and regulatory teams.
- Lead/contribute to incident investigations. Ensure consistency in reporting to identify trends.
- Provide discipline expert support and coaching.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the global organization
- Internal and external interfaces
- There is a strong requirement to work cross functionally and interface with all disciplines within the company.
- Context and environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or related) or equivalent.
- Extensively experience in oil and gas upstream process safety (+ 20 years).
- Knowledge and experience in design, operation and modification of upstream offshore oil and gas processing facilities.
- Experience in operational support and coordination of multidiscipline activities.
- Expert knowledge of Hazard & Risk Analysis (eg. HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, SIL assessments, LOPA, Hazardous area classification, dispersion analyses etc.).
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills (both in motivating employees and influencing stakeholders).
- Proven leadership, communication and organisational skills.