- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 012815
As a Naval Architect your focus will be on delivering an authentic ship design from conception to sea trial, you will deal with the related issues on a project basis and integrating new techniques in the design. The Naval Architecture department guarantees that the requirements described in the specifications are feasible, while maintaining the integrity of the naval architecture design. You will report to the Manager Naval Architecture & Structural Engineering.
- HBO / WO working and thinking level with a completed education in Naval Architecture;
- More than 5 years of relevant work experience as a Naval Architect through new construction projects from conception to conclusion, in a project-driven organization within the Ship or Yacht building industry;
- Broad technical insight within your own discipline and with regard to other disciplines in the Engineering field and the rest of the Company group;
- Knowledge of hydromechanics, ship safety and regulations;
- Proficiency in Dutch (pre) and English language, spoken and written;
- Good communication skills, you are result-oriented and you stand firmly in your shoes;
- You implement new methods and techniques in your work and future projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Naval Architect you are accurate and able to correctly estimate risks and impact, both within your own field and in relation to the other engineering disciplines: Exterior, Interior, Mechanical and Structural;
- Prepare calculations: Weight & stability control, inclination test, hydrodynamics & hull shape optimization, propulsion, tank layout, drive axle & appendages, transport, sea trial & delivery;
- In addition you will also focus on regulations such as: draft marks & watertight integrity, fire safety & escape routes and noise & vibrations.
- You use the planning and organization of people and resources effectively and you can easily anticipate customer wishes by translating them into concrete actions that lead to the desired joint result.
- In this role you will be in close contact with various Project Managers Design and the Principal Naval Architect of your department within various projects.