Naval Architect – Pool Vacancy
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 013395
Please note: this is a Pool Vacancy. We are regularly looking for experienced Naval Architects in the Netherlands, if you are interested in this role, apply for this vacancy and we will contact you!
- As a naval architect you will be working as part of a team responsible for designing, producing and repairing safe, sea-worthy surface or underwater vessels.
- Being involved in new construction projects, to expand client´s fleet, and working on the technical improvement to optimize the performance of our existing fleet.
- Planning and supervising the construction of vessels;
- Negotiating and agreeing project budgets, timescales and specifications with clients;
- Working on design from concept to detail engineering, initiate and implement innovative solutions;
- Make estimates and project plans for new design and engineering projects;
- Producing detailed designs of ships, boats and other maritime vessels using drawings and specialist computer software;
- Contributing to the sales process as a technical expert;
- Ensuring adherence to appropriate health and safety legislation/standards.
- Fluent Dutch and English is a must;
- MSc Degree Naval Architect or similar;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the shipbuilding or offshore industry and specialist knowledge of concept and basic design;
- Demonstrable experience in reading and reviewing technical CAD drawings, calculations and (CFD) design reports;
- Willingness to participate and organize large, complex maritime projects.