Mechanical engineer pressure vessels and pumps
Market:Oil & Gas
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 009987
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with experience in industrial installations, preferably in the oil&gas industry to join the team in Capelle aan den IJssel, the Netherlands. As part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary engineering team, you are responsible for various instrumentation, electrical and control system related projects and equipment
- To be the Project Static / Packages engineer independently for medium to large scale project (FEED, Detailed Design etc.)
- Scope Review, FEED endorsement; Equipment selection report
- Project manpower planning and scheduling
- Interaction and meetings with Client / PMC, Vendors and Other Third parties
- Review scope of work for Tenders and perform the man-hour estimation
- Review and provide mechanical input to PFDS, P&IDs, Material selection
- Preparation of data sheets, specification and material requisition for mechanical static equipment such as columns, reactors, vessels, drums, heat exchangers, separators, boilers, tanks etc.
- Fully Conversant with International codes like ASME, API, BS etc.
- Perform / Check Design Calculations as per code
- Perform / Check Material Take Off (MTO)
- Technical evaluation of Vendor offers, Attend Vendor meetings
- Vendor drawing review, Reply to Vendor queries, follow up with Vendors etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering is essential (Masters Degree preferred);
- 10-years of post-qualification experience in design and engineering oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical / industrial projects in different phases;
- At least 2-years experience as a Lead Engineer, managing discipline requirements of a project independently;
- Previous Design experience in engineering consultancy or EPC Company;
- Worked on Pressure vessel design softwares such as Pv-Elite, Compress, etc;
- Work Independently producing good quality deliverables within man-hour budgets;
- Strong technical background with hands-on experience in design and detailed engineering of the following: o Pressure Vessels o Pumps o API Storage Tanks o Columns o Drums o Reactors o Boilers o Heat Exchangers o Packages containing primarily Static equipment
- Familiarity with international standards API, BS, ASTM, European Standards, DIN, and standard industry practices;
- Development of design criteria, specifications and standards;
- Proficiency in use of software like Pv Elite; Tank 2012;
- Experience in managing work-share with offices in multiple locations is preferred;
- Good communication, inter-personal and leadership skills, with ability to lead a team, and interact with client / PMC personnel; Must be fluent in both spoken and written English language and Spanish is a pre;
- Must be conversant with IT systems and fully competent using Microsoft Office applications;
- Must be a good team player with tolerance and respect for others and capable of working in a multi-cultural environment.