Logistics and Customs Supervisor wanted!
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 009880
As a Logistics and Customs Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the often complex logistics processes concerning spare parts, specific consumable parts and the shipment of systems, which our client produces and instals. All these processes directly influence the quality of a project so your work will have great impact on their business. You will have an overview of both the local and global context in which our client operates and will be responsible for planning short- and long-term projects. Keeping your cool in stressful situations will come in handy, as the job may bring challenges that you may have to resolve on a tight deadline.
Your working day consists, but is not limited to, the following:
- Control, monitor and execute shipments of spare parts and project cargo. Communication with authorities regarding transport and customs matters
- Managing relations with logistics providers and customs agents, including evaluation of their performance (timeframe, costs, damages, contracts, etc.)
- Monitor and improve the export controls procedures aimed to ensure the company is compliant with the EU export controls. Audit customs records and manage the database with HS Codes and Countries of Origin
- Design and implement procedures for improvements of transportation and customs processes.
- Provide guidance on customs & trade compliance matters to the Dutch and overseas offices.
Our clients Procurement & Logistics team manages the purchasing, logistics and warehousing in a cost-conscious and time-efficient manner. They have a team in supply chain where they deliver the highest service to our internal clients. They strongly believe that supporting and challenging our colleagues will deliver excellent service to our internal and external clients.
RequirementsWe are open for a variety of candidates to apply for the Logistics Customs Supervisor! We do, however, scan your resume on a few criteria when looking at your application which are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Customs, Compliance or similar;
- 5 years relevant working experience in logistics and/or international transportation; experience with high-risk countries is a prerequisite;
- Proactive and process-oriented, result-driven attitude;
- Ability to maintain an overview, even with time constraints;
- Excellent team skills;
- Preferably knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar ERP system.
- A great innovative working environment with significant opportunities for personal development;
- A high degree of responsibility and room to have significant impact;
- Good secondary benefits (e.g. flexible working hours, contributory pension plan, 28 vacation days on a full-time basis);