HSE Manager ( Maritime & Infrastructure projects)
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 013344
Are you ready to be part of international, dynamic and challenging team? For our client, we are looking for an experienced and responsible Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager who will be responsible to the company’s standard in the area of safety, environment and quality are implemented in daily project activities . You will work closely with your project team in consultation with the QHSE department.
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager is responsible for his/her team including planning the aims, objectives and priorities of their work area and communicating this to the team members and to colleagues as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensures compliance of project QHSE activities with applicable codes and standards, contract requirements and law and regulations;
- Ensures improvement activities are implemented (review of non-conformities, implementation of the corrective-preventive actions) on a QHSE level;
- Acts as advisor on matters pertaining to QHSE;
- Arrange the preparation of specific procedures and instructions as required in corporation with the QC Manager;
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation, control and maintenance of the Project Health, Safety and Security Plan and Project Quality Plan;
- Conducts regular site inspections and audits ensuring that the company’s Management System and other requirements of the projects are adhered to identify unsafe conditions and to actively manage and control QHSE issues;
- Instructs and assess the relevant sub-contractors to verify compliance to the applicable project safety requirements;
- And promotes safety awareness and lead by example.
- Academic (HBO/WO) level with preference for Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration studies;
- Extensive experience in QHSE or other relevant discipline within the offshore, dredging or process industry;
- Proven management skills especially leadership and communication skills;
- Organisation sensitive, persistent, and conceptual thinker in combination with a hands-on mentality;
- Experience in change-management preferably;
- Proactive and make things happen;
- Good command of Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.