HSE Coordinator / Engineer
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 013343
As a HSE Coordinator/Engineer you will be supporting the HSE Manager in implementing the HSE policy and further developing and improving it, largely independently. You will have a Professional role, aligned with the business & customers, with impact in the company. This means that you will have an active advisory role. People need to be triggered to work according the Management System. You must do everything within your reach to work proactively on the project. Trough commitment and professionalism, you need to proactively drive the company towards ‘Safety-Leadership and Quality Assurance’ as integral parts of all worldwide activities. This can only be done together with the other project staff.
- General:·To monitor compliance with legal requirements, company policy and plans in company operations.
- Detailed: To ensure authorized HSE documents on the Project are maintained, registered and adequately stored and readily retrievable Health, Safety and Environment
- HSE audits and inspections are planned and properly executed
- Health, Safety and Environmental recommendations are properly communicated
- To advise the HSE Manager with regards to development of the Project HSE Plan, the laying down of site rules and appropriate measures for ensuring co-operation between contractors
- To prepare regular company safety and environmental statistics
- To review and maintain the contents of the project HSE Plans and procedures and associated documents ensuring that all legislative and company policy changes are incorporated
- To conduct regular site inspections and audits ensuring that the safety program and or requirements of the projects safety plan are adhered to
- To ensure accurate records are maintained of all accidents, near misses and other HSE records and statistics
- To prepare monthly HSE reports
- Prepare the HSE Activity Schedule.
- Higher vocational degree (HBO) or equivalent in the field of safety and quality (NEBOSH)
- Marine background with experience in dredging and/or offshore
- Good communication skills, good English written and spoken
- Willing to spend shorter or longer periods of time abroad on a regular basis.