Heavy Lift Engineer for the Offshore world – Are you ready?
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 003716
We are currently looking for a strong Heavy Lift Engineer for the offshore world to support our client in their upcoming projects.
The unit where you will work will be responsible for all project preparatory work including design, analysis, working procedures, material take-off and offshore engineering support.
Your work will impact the world, and you will see and be part of projects that have until recently only been set on paper.
As a Heavy Lift Engineer you will be responsible for instance:
- Analyse and prepare project specifications for offshore preparations, lift and transportation operations;
- Prepare design calculations and design for example reports for all (structural) heavy lift design work;
- Perform FEED and feasibility studies to identify solutions for lift installation or removal of over 5,0000 tons offshore modules;
- Furthermore, prepare method and execution statements for commercial bids for new projects;
- Prepare procedures and manuals for load-in, transfer, mooring, tow, lift and transportation operations;
- Design grillage and sea fastening for barge transfer operations;
- You will also perform platform inspections to confirm platform condition and feasibility of proposed solutions;
- Prepare FAT and CT tests for project equipment;
- Prepare disposal yard and transfer barge for transfer and load-in operations;
- Finally, you will also interface with various disciplines to create a unique solution that is cost efficient and create industry standards.
RequirementsIn order to apply for the Heavy Lift Engineer, your background will include:
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical, Civil or Maritime Engineering;
- Over 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Adding to this, you will also hold good command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel and work offshore;
- Be able to swim and not afraid of taking on the biggest challenges in the world;