Geotechnical Engineer for the Hydropower Plant Construction project in the Philippines.
- Location: Asia
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012679
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer who will join our client´s project in the Philippines. You will review the organic features of proposed Hydropower plant construction sites and their surrounds to verify their appropriateness.
- Inspecting the composition of naturally-occurring formations at each prospective site.
- Determining the likelihood of consequential movements in the land.
- Suggesting effective fixes to geotechnical obstacles.
- Calculating all requisite costs and material resources.
- Assisting with the design of built structures, using specialized computer software or calculations.
- Planning detailed field investigations by drilling and analyzing samples of deposits or bedrock.
- Advising on and testing a range of construction materials including sand, gravel, bricks and clay.
- Making recommendations on the proposed use of a site.
- Managing staff, including other engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers, consultants and contractors
- Working to preserve and protect the physical environment.
- Analyzing sites and designs for environmentally sensitive developments, such as landfill.
- Bachelor Degree’s in Geotechnical / Civil Engineering
- Previous Experience in Hydropower Projects.
- 15 years of experience in geological investigation and analysis for hydropower/mining projects as a Geotechnical engineer