Geologist – Project Based in the Philippines.
- Location: Asia
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 012678
We are looking for a Geologist to join a Hydrapower plant construction project in the Philippines. As a geologist in a hydropower plant construction you will be responsible for geological study, survey, report writing. You will be responsible for identifying the geological factors that could affect hydropower plant construction project. You will analyze ground materials to assess their risk factors and advise on the best procedures for developments and the suitability of construction materials.
- Survey sites and create logs and maps
- Gather and analyze geological data
- Coordinate research programs
- Examine the composition of samples
- Measure and test fossils, rocks, soil, ores and other material with the proper instruments
- Write reports on findings
- Conduct quality control on the suitability of material and inspect projects
- Study sites for developments, formations, hazards, and composition
- Consult on various geology-related issues like waste management, resource management and more
- Ensure environmental and other regulations are met during the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology / Engineering Geology
- Previous Experience in Hydropower Projects.
- 10 years of experience in geological investigation and analysis for hydropower projects/tunneling/mining or similar works as a Geologist
- Willingness to work in project sites.
- Good knowledge of Geological and Engineering geological mapping concept, surface and sub-surface investigation is required.
- Knowledge of computer software like AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Dips, etc will be added bonus