Foundation Package Engineer (Pool Vacancy)
- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 012081
PLEASE NOTE: this is a pool vacancy. For our client we are often looking for a Foundation Package Engineer to be part of prestigious offshore wind farm projects. The Foundation Package Engineer will responsible to supervise and perform foundation selection for early stage project assessment and assist the project team to respond during fabrication and construction works in factories and sites as well as during installation. You will be directly reporting to Foundation Package Manager.
- To develop FEED level and conceptual design work for offshore energy related structures;
- Participates in the design review the ongoing foundation detailed design process for the foundation and assist in conceptual and basic design of offshore wind turbine foundations;
- Supports the offshore energy related foundation concepts, construction techniques and installation methodologies to client management;
- Participates in vendor selection process, production and installation phase of the wind turbine foundations;
- Checks and identifies the technical and contractual interfaces between design, fabrication and installation of wind turbine foundations and offshore high voltage station foundations;
- Reviews and monitors the contractor’s assumptions and documents to assure compliance with the employer’s requirements;
- Provides technical expertise with regard to foundation selection and participate in continuously improving client’s knowledge build-up;
- Creates employer requirements related to foundation design and manufacturing;
- Prepares scope and specifications for tender documents for foundations and review tender documents;
- Follow-up meetings with the contractors or design consultants and follow up of the different tenders issued for the fabrication and installation of the foundations.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Marine/Offshore Structures or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of work experience in offshore wind turbine foundations;
- Working knowledge in design software such as SACS, BLADED, SESAM or equivalent;
- Able to handle pressure and can work independently;
- Solution oriented and able to manage workload and meet the demanding timescales;
- Strong communications skills with fluent in English and Dutch, German speaking is a plus;
- Willingness to travel frequently, both local and international.