- Location: Worldwide
- Period: Project based
- Reference: 010748
The inspector flies for a short period to the project where he will perform short technical inspections on the state of the vessel. This inspection will lead to a report used by the engineering company to valuate the conditions and work required. The inspection itself will take 12 hours, the rest is traveling to and from location.
This mainly concerns merchant vessels and tankers, so a strong background in this sector is important, as these are the most common vessels they modified.
Our client is an engineering company that is involved in may retrofits, refurbishments, design and engineering or vessel modification, engine installation, water ballast treatment tanks.
Most projects take place at asian shipyards, living outside of Europe is no obstacle for us.
- Understand drawings
- Knows how all the vessel works
- Knows electrical, mechanical and piping details
- Can locate all piping on the vessel
- Supervise / inspect
- Communicate and explain to crew / client
- Knows how to address different cultural backgrounds
- Is able to speak to the yard personnel but also to Project Manager from client
- Can be available
- Is able to check every detail on the engine room
- Is able to go inside the ballast tanks, check piping and electrical system