- Location: Middle East
- Period: Rotation schedule
- Reference: 009362
Our client a leading dredging and marine contractor in UAE is currently looking for a Dredging Superintendent for their offshore project in Abu Dhabi.
The Dredging Superintendent will have close cooperation with Project Manager and Works Manager. He will be responsible for the execution and supervision of dredging works.
- Responsible for the most cost-effective method of execution and monitors daily the actual versus estimated input;
- Supervises the SDM on all operational planning and execution of dredging works;
- Daily reporting of defects to vessels or their auxiliary equipment to the Technical Department. the Project Manager and the Head Office;
- Responsible for safety and health of the employees, and subcontractors;
- Carrying out inspections, reporting of nonconformities and ensuring that these are followed up.
- Master or Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Construction, Mechanical, Marine Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years experience on dredging projects in relevant role;
- In depth understanding of dredging process/use of dredging equipment, land reclamation, pipelines, cutter types, pick points;
- Knowledge in implementing dredging methodologies;
- Able to transform raw data into readable format;
- Having a problem solving mind able to spread this attitude amongst his project team.