DESIRED! Geotechnical Laboratory Technician job for site investigation projects located in many parts of the world
- Location: Worldwide
- Period: Rotation schedule
- Reference: 012268
We are looking to offer you an exciting opportunity to take a part of the Geotechnical Site Assessments where you’ll be working in close collaboration with our client and their geotechnical team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Laboratory Technician with a minimum of 1 or 2 years’ experience in an offshore role.
You will be given a chance to improve your skills in soil mechanics, Cone Penetration Testing and also in the Site characterisations surveys. Also, you will be able to find regular Geotechnical Laboratory Technician job or jobs, and a steady income if you are working for us.
What can you expect working as a Geotechnical Laboratory Technician for the leader in green energy jobs, Nautech | iPS Powerful People.
- You can expect a competitive salary
- You will be working on projects in a busy energy sector and with reputable companies
- We are offering regular projects
- The opportunity to work and learn in an international team.
RequirementsDo you have the desired skills and experience as a Geotechnical Laboratory Technician, as follows:
- Degree educated (Geological / Civil Engineering based)
- Minimum 1 or 2 years’ experience in an offshore role
- Confident with geological description to ASTM / BS EN / ISO standards (priority is ASTM)
- Confident with offshore geological soil testing equipment (i.e. miniature vane, Torvane, pocket penetrometer, UU Triaxial), associated testing and sample handling
- Experience with the principles of foundation design (i.e. Spudcan Penetration Analysis / Pile Drivability etc..)
- Confident understanding of the principles and interpretation of PCPT data (ideally with experience in both downhole and seabed operations)
- Ideally, experience with gINT software
- Microsoft office proficient Respond directly via the button to apply for this Geotechnical Laboratory Technician job, but of course, you can always call us!
- You are in possession of the Offshore Safety Training (i.e. BOSIET / FOET or STCW)
- You are in possession of the Offshore Medical (i.e. OGUK or STCW compliant)
- You are in possession of the Seamans Discharge book
- You are in possession of the Visas (i.e. USA B1/B2 or C1D, B1)
- You are in possession of the typical vaccinations
- You are available or will be available soon.
- You are Fluent in English