- Location: The Netherlands
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 007752
Your role as Design Engineer
As a Design Engineer you are responsible for the product development from idea to design of technological challenging products. You will investigate the needs from customers and users. In a small team, you bring different engineering skills together to explore different concepts and set the scope and requirements for further development phases. If needed, you subcontract the work and manage this process with an external engineering firm. You are responsible for the quality of the final design and the hand-over to manufacturing. Throughout the phases you will have to be creative with a problem-solving mindset to overcome engineering challenges with your team.
RequirementsAs a Design Engineer your activities are:
- Leading the development/ improvement of an innovative product within a multidisciplinary team and in cooperation with external engineering firms.
- Demonstrate good technical judgement, independent evaluation and ingenuity.
- Translate the project goals into a development plan with requirements and deliverables for each phase and communicate this with your team members.
- Responsible for the progress of the design and the monitoring of budget and schedule.
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and development project.
- Knowledge of mechanics, structural engineering & manufacturing processes.
- Practical knowledge and a ‘can do’-mentality.
- Experience in project- and stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English, spoken and written.