Automation Engineer Renewables – Taiwan
- Location: Asia
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 008706
Ready for the next international step as Automation Engineer? Willing to be part of an international team while working a cutting edge project? Do you have strong knowledge of network engineering and PLC &SCADA systems? Look no further!
As Automation Engineer you will work in a project oriented environment and close with customers. You will be responsible to integrate several different scada systems in one overall scada system, according to the requirements of the client.
- You will follow up the different designs of each of our subcontractors and bring each of them in line with our design.
- You will follow up all the communications between the several subcontractors: from the wind turbines supplier up to the high voltage substation supplier.
- You will develop and implement customized solutions tailored to customers SCADA requirements.
- You will implement ideas and needs and act as a problem solver to overcome technical misalignments.
- You will check the requirements of our client and check these with the proposed solutions of our subcontracts, and give your remarks or comments on their design.
- You will follow up the actions of the manufacturer and the suppliers.
- You will follow up the constructions works and commissioning of the SCADA systems.
- You will take the lead in the overall network design of the complete windfarm. From wind turbine up to the control centre onshore.
- You will report directly to the project Director and design team in Taiwan and to the Electrical Package Manager Renewables.
RequirementsAs An Automation Engineer;
- You have experience in renewable energy industry or in high voltage substation SCADA systems and automation.
- You are prepared to work as expat at projects in Taiwan..
- You have an educational background in Civil Engineering, computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. You have two or more years direct work experience with (substation) scada systems.
You are familiar with:
- Network engineering, including LAN switches, Router, Fiber Optic network in a ring or star topologies, firewalls, gateways, VPN, cybersecurity networks.
- Network server OPC UA / DA
- Communication protocols including OPC UA or DA, DNP 3.0 (substation), Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus TCP/SNMP and serial communication RS 232 and RS 485, Profibus, Profinet, HART
- Power grid scada systems, communications, and security applications. (Knowledge of the IEC 61850 communication protocol is a plus)
- RTU and DCS systems for substation communications
- High voltage protection relays (Siprotec or similar)
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell, Bachmann, Beckhoff)
- Basic knowledge of SCADA systems (e.g. WinCC, Cimplicty)
- Faced with such challenges you show strong initiative and strong desire to learn and to be a problem solver. You work well with customers, set-up meetings with all parties to discuss the integration of the scada system. You are able to quickly learn and understand the IT infrastructure in different customer setups and how to integrate SCADA systems into existing IT systems.