Automation Engineer -Abu Dhabi
- Location: Middle East
- Period: Indefinite
- Reference: 012579
Are you experts in dredging industry and looking for a permanent role? We are looking for a qualified and motivated Automation Engineer to be based in Abu Dhabi office. As an Automation Engineer you will be part of dredging performance team in coordination with operations works manager and Naval Architect. You will define and develop automation systems on board of the dredging fleet and auxiliary equipment.
As an Automation Engineer you will design, develop, calculate and document automation systems and network plans implementing mechanical/electronics/ hydraulics/ pneumatics hardware;
- Installs and integrates setup automation plan, error checking, and functionality control after implementation;
- Analyze on board the day to day activities in order to identify activities that can be automated with the objective to increased efficiency and/or reduce downtime.
- Controls and program interfaces between different hardware components;
- Setup computer and network interfaces with hardware-inputs and -outputs from several hardware units using different communication protocols in order to monitor closely the parameters of the dredging process after the implementation of the automation setup;
- Designs and executes QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality;
- Run tests for databases, sensors, drives, networks, custom-build applications, hardware (electromotor, Controllers) and software;
- Initiate/ knowledge in programming machine learning adapted to dredging activities with CSD/TSHD/BHD.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Master graduate in Automation Engineering;
- Experience in the dredging industry, preferably with IHC equipment/system;
- Fluent in English both written & verbal, Arabic language is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Stress and Data analysis software, CAD software, Coding, PMS, Oracle based, and other software’s.